Your privacy is critically important to us.
Lumlee is located at:
Like most website operators, Lumlee collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Lumlee purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Lumlee’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Lumlee may release non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Lumlee also collects potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on Lumlee blog posts. Lumlee only discloses logged-in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Lumlee’s websites choose to interact with Lumlee in ways that require Lumlee to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Lumlee gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at Lumlee to provide a username and email address.
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information:
To fulfill a service, or take steps linked to the service: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item from our online store. Where this is necessary for purposes that are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests.
These interests include:
- operating the Sites;
- providing you with services described on the Sites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- training Lumlee staff about how to best serve our user community;
- improving our products and services;
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities, and verifying your identity (as is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims); and/or processing your job application to Lumlee.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third-party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions, such as Canada, the United States, European Union whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in the which you live. Whether to third parties or internally, any transfers of personal information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries not deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses, or in the case of the United States, the EU – US Privacy Shield, and/or equivalent data transfer regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites, products, or services.
Lumlee uses Google AdWords for remarketing
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt-out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Lumlee discloses potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Lumlee’s behalf or to provide services available at Lumlee’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Lumlee’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Lumlee will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, Lumlee discloses potentially personally identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests, or when Lumlee believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Lumlee, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of Lumlee and have supplied your email address, Lumlee may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Lumlee and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Lumlee takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Lumlee may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Lumlee may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Lumlee does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, We use “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising, and store your preferences on your computer.
The following is a more detailed explanation of the types of cookies we use:
- Necessary Cookies: Necessary cookies are essential and help you navigate the Site. This helps to support security and basic functionality and is necessary for the proper operation of the Site, so if you block these cookies we can’t guarantee your use or security during your visit.
- Performance Cookies: Performance cookies help us to understand the behavior of users of the Site. This allows us to continuously improve the Site to provide the best information in support of our project aims. These cookies are also used to help us understand how effective our Site is; for instance, these cookies tell us which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. All of the information that these cookies collect is aggregated, to assist us to improve how the Site works. Some of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties’ own website privacy notifications for further information. In particular, we use Google Analytics cookies to obtain an overall view of user habits and volumes, and to help improve the overall experience on the Site. Google Analytics is a third-party web analysis service provided by Google Inc, which uses performance cookies and targeting cookies. The information generated by these cookies about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google Inc on servers in the United States.
Those who engage in transactions with Lumlee – by purchasing Lumlee’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Lumlee collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Lumlee. Lumlee does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
IfLumlee, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Lumlee goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of Lumlee may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.